Blogging to Build your Professional Profile
- Date: 1st June 2022
- Time: 12:00 – 13:00
- Duration: 1 hour
- Audience: All Staff | All Students
- Digital Capability: Digital Communication, Collaboration and Participation
- Booking Link: https://edin.ac/3OBUWiV
This workshop will introduce you to the Academic Blogging Service and provide an overview of the benefits of professional blogging, writing for blogs, understanding privacy, copyright and open licensing, and how to amplify your blog with social media.
The workshop will also guide participants through the process of setting up a new blog, choosing a theme, adding posts, and managing privacy and access permissions. Links to additional support resources and courses will be provided.
This session will introduce participants to:
- The University’s Academic Blogging Service
- The benefits of professional blogging
- Writing for blogs
- Amplifying your blog with social media
- Dealing with comments and managing access permissions
- Setting up a blog on blogs.ed.ac.uk
- Choosing your blog theme
- Adding posts and media to your blog.
About the presenter - Lorna Campbell
Lorna Campbell has twenty years of experience working in education technology and manages the OER Service within Information Services at the University of Edinburgh.