Library Bitesize: Publishing your journal article
- Date: 26th May 2021
- Time: 12:30 – 13:00
- Duration: 30 mins
- Audience: All Staff | All Students
- Digital Capability: Digital Communication, Collaboration and Participation
- Booking Link: https://edin.ac/2RmGvWU
Unsure where to get started with publishing your article in a journal?
Join us to find out what editors and publishers look for and how you can best prepare yourself for the world of academic publishing. From market research to the relevance of the Impact Factor, article preparation to submission guidelines, and self-promotion to publication and beyond, this session focuses on the first and future steps to publishing your research.
Led by Rebecca Wojturska, former Journals Publishing Editor at Edinburgh University Press and current Open Access Publishing Officer at the University of Edinburgh.
By the end of the session, you will know:
- Why journal article publishing is important
- How to best prepare yourself and your research for the world of academic publishing
- The differences between open access and traditional publishing.