Media Hopper Create: Introduction
- Date: 3rd June 2022
- Time: 09:30 – 11:00
- Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Audience: All Staff | All Students
- Digital Capability: Digital Creation, Problem Solving and Innovation
- Booking Link: https://edin.ac/3LwF679
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR THE LECTURE RECORDING SYSTEM***
Media Hopper Create is the University’s media asset management solution. It provides all staff and students with a space that they can use to create and upload media and then store or publish it to various places including VLEs, websites and social media channels.
This 1.5 hr webinar is designed to provide you with a basic overview of Media Hopper Create and some of its most useful features.
This workshop is open to all staff and students and no prior experience with Media Hopper Create is required.
Guides and support documentation for Media Hopper can be found at: http://edin.ac/1Ri4Ssq
- During the webinar you will learn how to:
- Access the Media Hopper web portal and log in
- Browse existing channels and media content
- Upload media content from your computer
- Download and install the Desktop Recorder tool
- Record your screen with a webcam and audio narration
- Create and manage your own channels and playlists
About the presenters - Andrew Kirk and Andy Todd
Andrew delivers training on a wide variety of courses, with a focus on video and audio editing, reference management, document preparation and videoconferencing tools. A qualified librarian, before joining the Digital Skills and Training Team he worked in libraries in Scotland and Ireland, and in a television newsroom.
Andy has worked for the Digital Skills and Training Team for 10 years and delivers a wide range of training courses with a focus on improving productivity skills, allowing staff and students to work and study more effectively. In addition to his teaching role, Andy also manages the University’s online learning platform, LinkedIn Learning.