OER – Creative Commons quick start: A short introduction to using Creative Commons licences
- Date: 26th May 2021
- Time: 12:30 – 13:00
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Audience: All Staff |All Students
- Digital Capability: Digital Communication, Collaboration and Participation
- Booking Link: https://edin.ac/3eHGQg5
Confused by Creative Commons?? At a loss about licences?? Bewildered by attribution??
If you’re new to Creative Commons licences or simply need a quick refresher, this Quick Start 30 minute information session will provide a brief introduction to Creative Commons, covering all the main licence types, and show you how to quickly and easily apply CC licences to content in Learn, Media Hopper Create and blogs.
This session will be run by Lorna Campbell. Lorna has almost twenty years of experience working in education technology and manages the OER Service within Information Services at the University of Edinburgh.
For more information about the Open.Ed service, visit our site pages at http://www.open.ed.ac.uk
This session will introduce participants to:
- The key concepts of copyright, licensing and the public domain.
- The benefits and affordances of open licensing.
- The different Creative Commons licences and how they can be used.
- How to attribute open licensed content.
- How to add a licence to your own resources on:
- Media Hopper Create
There are no pre-requisites required for attending this course.
This will be delivered solely online via Collaborate. Attendee’s should make themselves aware of the best practise advice from Collaborate before joining the session: Collaborate Session Best Practices