Office 365 Essentials: Managing your emails and calendar with Outlook on the web
- Date: 30th May 2022
- Time: 10:00 – 11:00
- Duration: 1 hour
- Audience: All Staff | All Students
- Digital Capability: Digital Communication, Collaboration and Participation
- Booking Link: https://edin.ac/3OHXv31
Outlook on the web is a personal information manager web app and is available to all members of staff and students as part of the University’s Office 365 subscription. It offers many of the same features and functionality as the desktop version of Outlook, including email, calendar, directory and tasks, but with the added benefit of being accessible from any device anywhere in the world.
This flexible approach to managing emails and calendars makes it the perfect tool for staff members and students working from different locations on a range of devices.
This short course will introduce you to the basics of Microsoft Outlook for the web. It will cover:
- What Outlook for the web is and how it can be accessed
- Composing, sending, and replying to emails
- Sorting, searching, filtering, and managing emails and folders
- Manging calendar views, permissions, and adding additional calendars
- Creating, editing, and sharing calendar events
- Setting up and customising a calendar Board
- Searching the directory and creating custom lists
- Creating and managing tasks
This introductory level course is suitable for all members of staff in all roles and students. There are no prerequisites for this event, and it assumes no prior knowledge or experience using Microsoft Outlook for the web.
About the presenter - Andy Todd
Andy has worked for the Digital Skills and Training Team for 10 years and delivers a wide range of training courses with a focus on improving productivity skills, allowing staff and students to work and study more effectively. In addition to his teaching role, Andy also manages the University’s online learning platform, LinkedIn Learning.